CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lonely Neglected Scale... Poor sick scale owner!

Weight Loss? Ummmm....


Poor lonely scale, over in the bathroom corner, gathering dust.

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but I will tell you that this fall has been so frustrating as far as exercise. At the end of September, I got a sinus infection, then when that was better, I slowly got back to the gym, taking it easy, not jumping in all at once & over-doing it. But once I got back to my full 30 minutes or so, the next day, I crashed and became sick again. Now it's the end of Dec., and I've had 3 rounds of antibiotics, and should be better by now, but I still have a sore throat, headache & congestion. Are you kidding me???????????????

How am I supposed to lose weight if exercise is not an option? I mean, I guess I could torture myself and count calories and get rid of the sugar...

Realistically, I am hoping to do my system of slowly giving up desserts by eating 1 less each week, until I'm eating 1 dessert per week. This should ideally start next week when the kids are going back to school and we are all in our routines again.

When I weighed myself before Christmas, I was pleased to see that the number on the scale wasn't scandalously high, about the same as before my sinus infections, maybe a pound or 2 more. But we have been Christmas-treat-eating fiends at our house, and I just think about all the elliptical workouts I will have to do to work it off & I get so frustrated about being sick & not being able to exercise.

But what I haven't blogged about yet is how much I love having lost 25 pounds!!!!!!!!!! I love looking at my face in the mirror without the double chin... Christmas may have put it back... we'll see... actually writing this has made me more motivated to try to get back to the grindstone as soon as I can. But I did fit in my awesome Shabby Apple Christmas dress!! So that's good! :)

I will update again soon.

1 comments:

slmar said...

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. I have had my share of setbacks healthwise, but I've decided I will be much better off if I start moving somehow, even if it's just NEWOs every other day. My knee is what kills me. Drink your water and I'm hoping you are holding steady despite the Christmas treats. I hope you can feel better soon.