CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trip to the Land of Temptation

I did not check the scale before I left, and I didn't check it today. It's probably for the best, keeping in mind that we don't want to send me into a sobbing depressive spiral on my first day back.

Summing up the weight loss efforts on my trip: a couple of fast food meals & restaurant meals, and the ones I had at my mom's or sister's house were like "white bread, turkey, a few grapes, and a brownie." Oh and the wedding cake. That we had like 4 times because people kept wanting to get rid of all the leftovers. (My sister's reception was Thursday at my mom's home, and my step sister's wedding was Saturday at their home as well! My poor parents for having to host 2 big weddings at their home in one week!) And in the airport it was just a free-for-all of fattening, caloric food. I'm not trying to gross you out. I'm just letting you know what I've been dealing with!

But I did manage to drag my 2 sisters out for a walk. It was really nice, actually. We went up to the canyon where there is a trail next to some waterfalls, and we did intervals. I think the heart monitor said over 1000 calories burned.

I was sooooo happy today to head straight to Trader Joe's and restock our healthy food, and finally have some nutritious meals with a little more fiber and taste.

P.S. I really shouldn't make my trip sound like an awful trip. I wasn't able to eat as healthily as I do at home, but other than that, it was wonderful to be with my family and I was sans kids for 5 days!!!!!! I missed them, but it was like visiting a zen spa- so quiet and peaceful. You know? :)

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

welcome home!
Glad you had a nice time away and really happy to read that you're ready to get back at it!

Amber said...

Glad you had a great time it seems like all vacations you eat a little better than you would at home sounds like you got back to a good start though.

Tristan said...

Trips are so hard to eat healthy on! Can't beat yourelf up about eating and enjoying yourself. At least you got out for a few walks!