CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sad

I am so sad about how I'm doing right now with my attitudes towards healthy eating & exercising. I want to eat constantly. I have no conscience. It's just like I'm walking around pretending I don't have to change anything about my body, and I don't have to stop after one cookie, and eating tons and tons of food won't hurt me. It' s that phenomenon where you're trying to avoid something, and you start obsessing about it.

I did go to a Body Pump class at the gym yesterday. I'm glad I went. It feels good psychologically to have sore muscles. It's helped that a few friends of mine have decided to start going to some classes and trying to go together. Tonight we have Taebo Boxing scheduled, but that attitude of mine is still horrible. I'm not excited about it, because my body's already tired from yesterday & getting over being sick, and my knee is totally acting up & that's how I tore my ACL 2 years ago (in a similar kickboxing class.) :(

I know it's not exciting to read blogs where people are depressed, but I need help!! I'd love your comments just to get moral support.

5 comments:

G.G. said...

Oh, please don't say you're not eating well because you have no conscience! It doesn't make you a bad person--it's just something you're struggling with right now:-(

Focus on the stuff you're feeling good about and don't beat yourself up about the stuff that's making you feel bad (I know--easier said than done). Have faith it will work itself out!

You have a lovely family, btw!

Natalie C. said...

Wow that is an interesting epiphany for me. Eating like crap doesn't make you a bad person?????????????? I totally feel that way. I'm going to have to digest that for a while.

Fatinah said...

I agree with g.g. - focus on the stuf you're doing right. You went to the exercise class. That is awesome. You liked that you felt like you'd worked hard. That is awesome. You're thinking of doing another class. That is awesome. No one says you have to be pumped about exercise. Often I'm not. All that matters is that you move. Sure would be nice if you could find something that you were pumped about. It will come. Maybe instead of changing EVERY thing at once, you need to pick one healthy habit to work on during the week. We didn't acquire all our bad habits over night, even though sometimes it feels like it. Just please don't give up on yourself.

G.G. said...

Absolutely!

Tanya Patrice said...

Hey - don't give up! Even if you eat all the time, just try to change 1 think at a time. Let 1 snack be healthier, then change something else. And like everybody else said - focus on the positive. Good luck and let us know how it's going.