CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Blueberry Smoothie

After sending my frustration out to the world in my last post, I owe you an update. But first, a recipe that I sort of kind of made up (I've never done that before.) I needed to eat some yogurt & fruit because it's a healthy thing to do, but it's not my favorite. So I decided to blend it up instead. I'm sharing because it was so yummy!!


Blueberry Lemon Banana Smoothie

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup low fat lemon yogurt
1 banana
1/2 cup skim milk (give or take depending how thick you like your smoothies)
sugar or stevia to taste (if desired)

Blend up & YUM!!

Update: I'm still eating lots of desserts & bigger portions than I should & I need to not be doing that. (But my meals are healthy. I have no room for improvement there. They're full of fiber, whole grain, fruits, veggies, super foods, lean protein, Omega-3... I'm set. The only thing I can improve is to shrink the portions and like I said, cut out the daily desserts.) I haven't even dared to get on the scale for like a month because I know it's going to be pretty disastrous. So last Monday was not my January 1st, but at least I did better on drinking my water. Maybe next week I can add another good habit. I want to say point tracking, but I just feel so much pressure & rebellion against that thought. Because honestly, when I'm keeping under my points limit, I'm STARVING! And I know that's what I'm in for. Maybe I can say I will keep within the points just ONE day. Monday. That's it. Then no more "starving" on Tuesday.

I know what you all are saying. I need to tweak things so I don't feel deprived. I am out of ideas on how to do that. There are just points limits/calorie limits beyond which you just can't go if you want to lose weight. What happened last fall when I was able to lose weight is I felt deprived for about 2 weeks, then I got used to it and settled into the routines & decided it was worth it for the weight loss success. Why can't I conjure up that motivation now?

0 comments: