CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Stream of Consciousness During A Spin Class

Why do I have to come to these classes alone? Where are my friends? Where is my husband?

Why can't I be out walking or running in this beautiful weather? Darn feet & knee! I hate this. I'm dying. Get me out of here! Oh. The class hasn't even started.

Natalie, fix your attitude.

Warm up. Spin the legs. Pull up. Push down. Spin, spin, spin.

Didn't make sense not to live for fun, Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb.

Intervals.

Hey now, you're a rock star. Get the show on. Get paid.

Make a mean face and slam those legs as hard as you can!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRR... Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

That felt good. I need to always do this at least once every spin class. Take out those frustrations!

Can't touch this. Give me a song or rhythm. Making no sweat that's what I'm giving 'em..... Either work hard or you might as well quit.

Wow. When you're standing up in the pedals, & listening to the music, it could almost be like you're dancing a little bit.

I've been runnin' down this dusty road. Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow.

My quads are burning. But it feels good. This is so good for my heart and lungs, too.

I closed my eyes and I slipped away. Its more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)...


Singing out loud, enjoying pedaling as fast as I can. Digging down deep.

Mama say mama sa mama cu sa. Mama say mama sa mama cu sa.

Dang, this is a long song. I can do this. I am awesome!! I may not have speed but I HAVE ENDURANCE!! I can actually keep up with some of these athletic women. You with the "Iron Girl" shirt- I'm not intimidated!! Nope.

Video loop of Lance Armstrong winning various races. Victory arms in the air. His dreams are coming true.

Did she say something about increasing the tension? Oops, enough eye candy.

She's got a smile that it seems to me. Reminds me of childhood memories... Where do we go now? Where do we go? Sweet child o' mine.

This is for the mean boys in 6th grade. This is for not receiving the flat stomach gene. This is for the frustration that I'm not a perfect mom. This is for the the hidden hurts in my heart no one knows about but me. Take out that frustration! Work that body! As Jillian says, "Beatings, beatings, beatings." I'm working so hard, the phlem in my lungs loosens up.

Oh, mama, she did it. Woh mama, she did it, yeah. Ooh, she did it. Woh mama, she did it, yeah.

Go!!!!!!!!!! 3........ 2....................

and..........

1.

2 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

I came across your blog via "the salad days," and thought it was so fitting for myself. I have a blog titled "the waiting period," and all the things we wait for such as losing the weight. Good luck with your journey and any time you need a walking partner, I'm your girl! Take care and thanks again for the books/toys!

Debi Owens

Healthy Mummy said...

Good for you for getting through that spinning class. It would have killed me.