CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

New Coping Mechanisms

Well, I have been doing weight watchers for almost a month now, and I have to say it hasn't gotten hugely easier. I've felt pretty starving some of the time, but I've fought through it and stuck to it. I knew my biggest challenge would be emotional eating, and so I thought of some alternate comforting things for myself that have to do with the senses OTHER THAN taste.

Smell: Lighting a Yankee or Salt City candle
Touch: Wearing velour or soft cotton clothing, lay on or hug a soft pillow
Sound: Listening to classical music, 80s alternative, dance music, or Enya type music
Sight: Turn on my light box. I linked to the brand I have, but I think most doctors would recommend a bigger one. 10,000 watts or higher.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Natalie, I read on another blog (where you posted) that your goal was to join WW.

I'm happy you joined! I joined in February.. and lost a small amount of weight in the first month. Then LOTS of stressful things happened in the next 4 months and I gained a lot more weight. Then I became quite unwell and decided I had to get serious.. and start counting points again.

I lost over 20 pounds. However.. I am now stuck! I go up and down a kilo.. and have been doing that for nearly 3 months now.. just hovering. (My hubby and I separated 3 months ago .. we are fine.. I settled into my new life with my girl easily.. and hubby and I are making progress towards reconciliation). Why am I still overeating? Food is SUCH a drug for me. When I lose weight.. I eat healthy food.. I also eat treats.. I have balance! I KNOW how to lose weight!! But I choose to go through the McDonalds drive through and stuff myself. It's silly. I really want to reclaim some control in my life.. and keep losing weight!

My WW leader (a new one since June).. is FANTASTIC.. my meetings are wonderful.. I have what I need there.. I'm truly blessed.

I wish I'd just not be afraid of the disclipline.. of taking care of me. My health demands it! I suffer if I don't take care of myself.

Anyway.. I know I've written a lot! I just wanted to share. I'd like to bookmark your blog! I found you through my sitemeter.. and traced you back here --and I noticed you have a link to me on your blog!! Thank you!!

I hope you have a great weekend! :-)

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Those are great ways to pamper your other senses, and it's really a good idea to focus on things other than taste. Way to go!