CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I can't believe I'm posting this photo but...


Oh the shame of looking at both of those numbers. The first one is the weight: 211.2. At least I lost 1 pound of the vacation gain. Not to discount that I can be happy for a loss, but I think it never would have happened if I hadn't been trying as hard as I could to get my 8 glasses of water in. The second number is body fat. 45%???? I don't know how accurate that is. This was taken first thing in the morning, and the manual that came with the scale said in the morning, it's not as accurate as in the evening, but if some of the kids on "Shaq's Big Challenge" had 50+% body fat, perhaps it could be accurate. How depressing.

So I feel I just have to dwell on the positive and the goals I currently have without slipping into any sort of denial. I have been eating extremely healthy, lo-cal, lo-fat, hi-fiber meals, but just too many desserts, afterwards. And I am like bi-polar with the exercise thing. I will do really fabulous for a while, then nothing. Last week I journaled all my breakfasts, as was my goal, and I did several spin classes and a yoga class that was kick-butt. This week I've been so busy and my goal was to walk for an hour a day on the treadmill, but since it wasn't a class at a certain time, it was harder to force myself to allow it into the schedule. And I've been tired. Blah blah. blah blobbity blah. I'll do better. My September goals are on the sidebar.

Good luck to you all! We can do this!

P.S. Vacation photos: you can either click on my Flickr badge on the lower end of the sidebar (but my browser hasn't been able to open the Organizer, so they're not organized or labeled). You can also check my other blogs for the photos I've posted on there so far: Something Beautiful or Humorous and Let Me Talk.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Good for you for getting real and posting your scale today. We are all going this together - let's make September a great month!

Cory said...

Good for you posting the toes there!
The body fat probably isn't that far off. The fitness assessment center at my gym calculated mine to be 41.3 and I weigh 214. They did it by measurements. (I'm 5'5, not sure about you.)

You're doing great though. Keep up the hard work!

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Body fat scales are notoriously inaccurate... Even your level of hydration can affect it. I use mine as a gauge rather than a real measurement.

East of Eden said...

Hi, I saw you linked my blog on technorati. Thanks for reading.

Oh, the battle with the scale! How I hate it, but you can do it! I have been doing Weight Watchers since Jan and have gone down about 30#--I was about where your scale says you are now when I started.

As far as excercise goes, I was allergic to it--haha. I had to just sit down and block out a time for it every day until it became second nature to me. I realize with kids that can be a bit hard, but you can do it! Now I'm to the point if I don't excercise I am cranky and no fun to be around, which is Sunday, because that's my day off.

I also have a weight loss blog (http://gochickenfatgo.blogspot.com), please feel free to read and comment, perhaps we can all help each other with our goals!

Natalie said...

Hey Natalie,

Well done for being brave enough to post your scales - I wouldn't worry unnecessarily about the body fat %... like midnight raider says, they can be quite inaccurate.

Use it as a guide... if you use it consistently, and it's dropping, then you're doing really well!

Best of luck with everything :)

Nat xx