CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

This is a photo of my sweet little 4 year old at the pool a couple of weeks ago. He's been taking swimming lessons, and although I'm sure he'll eventually get the hang of it, swimming doesn't come naturally to him. It took all the courage he had last session to put his mouth in the water & blow bubbles. He also learned to kick his legs while holding on to the side of the pool. But then they asked him to do both at the same time!! Well, he'd stop kicking, then blow bubbles, then stop blowing bubbles and kick a little bit. For some reason, the two activities were just too hard or newly learned to do at the same time.

This is exactly like me and eating wisely at the same time as exercising well! Last week I got back on track and exercised again 5 times (just boring old elliptical, but making it more fun by listening to tons of podcasts-- btw, does anyone know any good ones about fitness or weight loss?). Yay, me! But my choices for eating were not at all smart. So I've just stayed about the same weight & not made any progress.

But I can't tell you how happy I am to be exercising again. It helped my depression a lot last week. I felt like a normal person! Hallellujah! I had a tough month during June, just being sick the whole month. Then I had about a week and a half break, long enough to celebrate the 4th of July, then I got Strep throat! So I'm hoping I can stay healthy for a long stretch now so I can get used to exercising as part of my every day routine... enough that it feels like 2nd nature & I will be able to also do healthier eating at the same time!

I have decided to participate in some team challenges (see sidebar) so I think that will help get everything in place. I'm a little behind on some of the challenge info. So forgive me if you're on my challenge team (The Skinny Minnies). I'm getting up to speed this week! I'm having this positive visualization of myself succeeding next week:
Stranger at the sample table at the grocery store: "Would you like some chocolate cake?"
Me: "No, I'm on Team Skinny Minnie & I can't let them down."

Funny. Have a good week!

2 comments:

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

I understand about diet and exercise. But you can do it!

Christine said...

What a sweetie - sounds like he is at least having fun with it. He'll learn when he's ready. :) Congrats to you for getting some exercise and wow -for being involved in the challenges - I think that I have to sign up for something, I seem to have lost my spark lately. Keep it up - and keep bloggin'!