CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What is a triglyceride anyway????

I decided to create this blog as a confessional and sort of as some quasi-accountability for some of my goals.

So what do I want to share? I guess just the situation I'm in for starters... Intellectually, I believe it when I see that the scale says 210 (and I'm 5'3"). Psychologically, I am in complete denial. There is no possible way that I could be at this weight when that's the weight that I was when I delivered both of my children!!

I am also in denial that the lab tests could possibly be correct when they said that my cholesterol was 288 (over 200 is too high). And my triglycerides were 1175 (over 150 is too high. Yes, that's right, I said ONE THOUSAND SEVENTY FIVE was my triglyceride level.) Over and over again I kept saying, What? Are you kidding me? What? Are you kidding me?

So I have to look at this as a beginning point. Starting this blog can be some sort of symbol for me. It will be long and hard as I somehow reclaim my health and body. But I have to start the journey. I just have to. I'd love to hear from those of you that are also on this road. What was it like when you started out?

1 comments:

honib1 said...

I am right there with you.. I am 4 ft 11inches tall and started out at 211.5 pounds.. My doctor said to me either drop some weight or when you come see me in may.. I will have to put on blood pressure meds..This was december and on January 22 I started a program called the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight for Everybody. so far I have lost 10.25 pounds... You can do it.. whatever program works for you.. stick with it and go.. you have 2 great motivators.. your children... stop by and visit my blog sometime.. if ya want..http://healthyhoni.blogspot.com/